QUT is relaunching dotlit (www.dotlit.qut.edu.au), itsAbout dotlit
online literary journal of creative writing in July 2005.
The journal will have an emphasis on new writing and the
reviewing of interesting directions in fiction, non-fiction
and writing about creative writing.
Established in July 2000 by the Creative Writing and
Cultural Studies discipline of the Creative Industries
Faculty, dotlit publishes new fiction, poetry, creative non-
fiction, hypertexts, digital story telling, reviews and
scholarly articles. The journal is supported by QUT and Arts
"dotlit is an online journal of writing that publishes a wide range of genres. We are particularly interested in new directions in fiction, creative non-fiction and scholarly writing about writing but do not publish children's fiction. Unsolicited manuscripts are accepted. Please contact us beforehand if you're planning to submit audiovisual material as part of hypertext work. "Submission information:
- Accepts only unpublished work
- Fiction, poetry, creative non-fiction, reviews, hypertexts, digital storytelling and scholarly articles about the practice of creative writing.
- Only electronic submissions are accepted on email@example.com
- Submission word length: Prose: Max 4000. Poetry up to three poems. Scholarly articles: Max 7000 words Reviews: multiple titles Max 4000 single titles Max 1000
- Submissions should be in MS Word
- Publication rights: first Australian electronic rights
- Copyright: remains with the author
- Average response time: 3 to 6 weeks
- dotlit pays for some general contributions and occasionally commissions work for a fee, depending on our funding at the time.
Postal address: Creative Writing and Cultural Studies, Creative Industries Faculty, Queensland University of Technology, Victoria Park Rd, Kelvin Grove Queensland 4059
Phone: +61 7 3864 5466
Contact the editors: Nike Bourke, Stuart Glover, Philip Neilsen, Craig Bolland and Glen Thomas
Circulation: Twice a year
Target readership: People interested in new writing and scholarly writing about creative writing.