IZM is a new free Melbourne-based environmental, aesthetical, lifestyle magazine, due for release soon. IZM aims to stimulate inner-Melbourne twenty to forty-five year-old professionals and students with environmental, cultural, community, art and lifestyle content.
What IZM is looking for IZM wants contributors on anything pertaining to modern city living. With the city-scape as starting point, IZM’s special focus is the environment and sustainability. The following are examples of what IZM is interested in:
- how communities adapt, survive and grow, while dealing with ethnicism and other issues; artistic and creative responses to immediate-urban through to global challenges;
- how individuals, communities, businesses interpret and respond to environmental concerns present and ‘future’;
- randomness what inspires, energises, motivates.
IZM is not organised around monthly themes. Instead, each issue carries an environmental, community, art, cultural and lifestyle mix, which could include anything from visionary communities (incorporating science, architecture, design); community initiatives (Critical Mass, Sustainability Street); education programs; government and corporate policy and practice; business ethics and philosophy; urban and fine art; media activism...
Payment and distribution
IZM currently does not pay contributors. IZM provides wide exposure, with a print run of 20,000 magazines distributed in over 500 outlets in and around inner-Melbourne. The first deadline is 30 August. The first issue is due for release in September.
- Features: 400-2000 words (profiles: 200-500)
- Send electronic either word document or RTF (rich text format), and hi-res JPEG image attachments to email@example.com
- Formatting (preferred: 12 point, single spaced)
- Consider including your phone number in case we need to contact you quickly.
* Artists and designers should contact IZM about showcasing their work
Contact: alan @ izm. com. au (or: 0402 716 319)